08 September 2008

Ramadan Training - Week 1

It has been a slow start for the month of Ramadan – in terms of my training though. My plan for this month was to do easy runs before sungkai and do long runs in the evening after terawih.

But its been raining almost everyday lately especially late afternoon and in the evening that i've only managed to run thrice last week. It seems that I'm getting more workout done while performing my terawih, especially doing 23 rakaat and with the Imam that goes fast. Good workout for the legs.

Ramadan Training - Week 1:

Monday Run:

Duration: 1hr 5 mins

Distance: 12km (est.)

Type: Easy

Route: Around Stadium

 

Thursday Run:

Duration: 1hr

Distance: 11km (est.)

Type: Supposed to be easy – but it was hard

Route: Manggis – Sg. Akar – Stadium – Berakas - Manggis

 

Sunday Run:

Duration: 1hr

Distance: 11km (est.)

Type: Steady

Route: Around Stadium


With only about a month till the Borneo International Marathon in Kota Kinabalu, i will need to increase the intensity of my training... I know it's a bit too late to start training for a 42k race now, but i've just got to try and get my rhythm back. 

This week training will have to be hard, so I'm off to run now.....

No comments: