03 March 2009

Dissapointed and Happy

Last Sunday, managed to get 6th place in the Brunei Triathlon and bagged myself B$500.

Performance wise was really disappointing, especially the swim leg as I was really struggling to get my rhythm and sighting, as the course wasn’t properly marked. Was going zig zag during the swim.


Start of the "human washing machine"

was really relieved to exit the water


Didn’t really push it on the bike, just maintained a steady pace trying to save for a good finish run. However, did manage to overtake a few cyclists, including Mr. Boombastic towards the end.


The run went well, except for the whole run being under the hot morning sun and the limited water station (there was only 1). I did manage to overtake 3 runners in my category to finished 6th place.
a dissapointing 2 hrs 51 mins
I guessed Leo managed to join in on the run, by hiding in ZM’s ‘behind’

with the international playas...

Dissapointed with my performance, but happy to have won some cash.. i think this is the first time i've won cash prize in a sporting event.

No comments: