28 November 2008

28th Panaga Triathon 2008

Felt really bad after the race; felt that I didn’t do well as I was really struggling on the run leg.

The swim was ok, although the water tasted saltier than the usual swimming pool, but overall I was really pleased with my swim time.

Started off the bike leg feeling weak and unable to spin on high gear, so I was just spinning for the first lap. Fortunately I saw a few cyclists on the second and last lap that I was able to tag along with them, which really help my bike time.

The run was horrible, felt heavy and out of breathe. Was really struggling and only managed to speed up half way through and do a last dash towards the finish line. If it was a long run, I probably would have recover and get a second wind.

The swim-to-bike transition went smoothly, but the bike-to-run was a bit of a mess. I was really rushing that I forgot to get out of my bike shoes towards the end of the bike leg and had to hop around with my bike shoes on.

After getting the official results, my overall time wasn’t as bad as I expected. I did manage to come before Bahar by a minute plus. :) Sorry bro, beginners luck I guess. Next year lagi. I just need to improve my swim and do more brick training so that I can run faster.

Overall, it was a pretty well organized event and the place is just amazing. I hope next year the organizers will consider doing a sea swim instead, would be more exciting.

Thanks to PnG for accompanying me on the bumpy ride to KB very early in the morning and taking lots of cool photos. Thanks Playa. I owe you one.

Pictures below courtesy of PnG.

late as usual

rushing to get ready

men in tights

swim - 11 mins 20 secs

bike - 43 mins 8 secs

run - 24 mins 20 secs

Overall Time - 1 hr 22 mins 26 secs

2 comments:

Abu Soffian said...

Good luck for Singapore marathon

zulhassan said...

tahniah bro. 11minit utk 500m bagus tu coz aku pun selalu buat 12m je masa berlatih.

dan good luck untuk next marathon. buat PB lagi bro.