22 November 2008

15, 60 and 25

15 mins, 60 mins and 25 mins…. That’s my target splits for tomorrow’s Panaga Triathlon in Belait for 500m swim, 24km bike and 5k run. This will be my first “sprint distance” triathlon and will be my first time joining this event. More info on the event here.

Overall, I’m just hoping to finish the race in under 1 hr 45 mins.

Since I am planning to run the Singapore Marathon in December, I’ve been concentrating more on my running, and neglecting my bike and swim training. I just hope I’ll be able to finish the race tomorrow and not be left too far behind. Guarantee kena sayur by Bahar and his team anakpanyu, as they are in top form from their Powerman race.

Please have mercy. :) Let me draft behind you guys tomorrow.

Last Thursday morning, did my one and only ‘brick’ session for the race. Did a 30km ride and ran about 20 mins. It sure was painful, but at least it gave me some sense of what it’ll feel tomorrow. I should have done more ‘brick’ session. I just hope I won’t get any cramps.

Seeing as it’ll be a sprint race tomorrow, every minute and seconds will count, especially in transitions. So I’ve decided to wear my tri suit tomorrow. I’ve never actually worn a tri suit before, so tested wearing it while doing the ‘brick’ session. It sure is tight and revealing. Kalau badan lawa boleh lah…

sneak peek...

captain america???








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't worry, some of us are still maintaining their performance, some are slacking and some are 'upgrading' their performance due to poor performance masa powerman.