26 July 2009

New Game Plan

Due to the H1N1 pandemic and the government’s directive to restrict travelling overseas, I have cancelled my 2 weeks holiday, which was supposed to be for the Ironman Putrajaya and Desaru.

With these, I’ve had to come up with a new game plan.


I’m still going to do the Ironman 70.3 Putrajaya in October, which I hope will still go on and on the same date as postponed to, as I have managed to change the dates on my ticket without any extra charges.This new date will be about 2 weeks after Hari Raya.

I just hope I can keep the rhythm in my training during Ramadan and during the Hari Raya festivities. I know it would be a real challenge, especially swimming as I can only swim after breaking the fast.
I'll need to start looking for a swimming pool that would be open in the evening during Ramadan, as all the public swimming pools are usually closed for the whole month.


Since my friends Hamsul and Zaki have bought their tickets and registered for this race, I’ve decided to do the same.

The flight to KK is just less than an hour from Brunei and I managed to buy the tickets for B$37. The registration fee for the 42K marathon is RM70 (early bird), which is considered very reasonable compared to other races overseas. It’s a good bargain for an overseas race.

And considering how well it was organised last year, and the route being quite friendly (no hills), I would certainly recommend this Marathon.

Will try my best to beat my time last year (3hrs 32mins).

2 comments:

anakpanyu said...

good luck bro. north face atu tah last international event ku for this year. good luck and have fun.

PNG said...

Ohh thanks for reminding me hehe. Registration submitted for KK and tunggu confirm lagi. Woohho?!