03 October 2009

Ironman Putrajaya 70.3 - Pre Race

Took the late evening flight to Kuala Lumpur last night and now staying at a friend's place in Cyberjaya, which is about 10 mins car ride to Putrajaya.
Went to the Pullman Hotel in Putrajaya this morning to register and pick up my race pack. The place was very quiet as most of the athletes have done theirs yesterday, including the race briefing and carbo loading dinner.

The swim start. It's a man-made lake. Looks amazing and the water looks reasonably clean.

The Swim Finish area with the showers

T1 - still empty in the morning

Start and End of the bike leg

Came back in the afternoon to Check-in my bike

Bike being checked by the technician from bike boutique - he is also a Top Malaysian Triathlete (Wong Ah Thiam)

Racking my bike

Just making sure everything is running properly

Met my Ironman friend Zulhassan for the first time at the swim area.

Did a few minutes of swimming. The water was ok, clean but murky, couldn't really see anything in the water. The swim route was properly marked, but only with small buoys, which are quite hard to sight when you are swimming.

This is my first time to Putrajaya and I'm quite amazed with the place. The area is just amazing with all the infrastructure, sceneries and buildings. Looking forward to the bike leg tomorrow as the road looks smooth and fast. I just hope it won't get too hot.

I'm a bit nervous about tomorrow as I know I'm not really well prepared in terms of my fitness, as my training slowed down during the fasting month. I'm just gonna try my best and go with the flow. I don't think I'll be able to beat my time in Singapore last March.

But.. you never know, a miracle might happen.. AMIN.. (just being optimistic)

Good Luck to all my friends who are competing tomorrow. All the best!!!!

No comments: