09 February 2009

First Tri Ride..

My innocent "baby"

Before the ride

Was initially planning to join Bahar and his anakpanyu team on their long ride last Sunday, but since the next Brunei Triathlon is just around the corner and since I have yet to try out my new “baby”, I decided to skip the long ride and get myself familiar with her.

Rounded up a few tri mates and decided to go for a 40k ride on the highway. I’ve never ridden on a tri bike before, so it felt different, especially on the aero position. I was really expecting that riding this bike would make me go faster, but somehow, it felt the same as on my road bike.

Macam nada different. Entah lah, belum biasa kali, baru first time. I hope this “baby” of mine will cut a few minutes off my bike time for my next race.

The group ride started off smoothly with my friend (Faizal) pulling us faster and faster. However, it was short-lived due to a crash at about 10k through.

The rider in the middle hit the rear wheel of the front rider and sent him crashing on the tarmac. It looks like a scene from a movie, it was just terrifying. He did a 180 turn and skidded on the road. He got cuts and bruises on his thigh and shoulder.

I was lucky that I kept my distance from him and managed to swerve over him.

After making sure he was ok, we just cycled back to our cars and checked the damages. No major damages, just cuts, bruises and scratches to his bike.

Will need to go for another familiarisation ride this week.

Note: Never draft on a tri bike. Very Dangerous.
wheeler - the crash victim

faizal's Scott Plasma 2008

My baby - Cervelo P2 2009

3 comments:

anakpanyu said...

andangnya tu, alum biasa. sudah biasa baru terasa lajunya tu. Nanti nanti, upgrade ur rim to TT aero rims baru Vroooommmm. rim lama transfer arah your road bike.

ahmad fathi said...

ya true also... i was expecting too much... maybe next year lah bali rim baru.. kapih masa ani...

Anonymous said...

Bike looks awesome!