04 July 2008

Week 1 - Friday

The plan was to do an out and back ride from Manggis to Empire, but it started to rain heavily when i reached the DST HQ building, so had to turn back. I've never cycled in the rain, so it was a good experience. It was nice and refreshing, with a few freezing moments.
I would have just continued my ride as planned, but i had my fon in my back pocket. The missus would kill me if i get it soaked and ruined. It was a birthdat gift from her. Why did i bring my fon with me? For emergencies, just in case i get a flat tyre and can't get it changed by the road side. 
I planned to do around 40 km, and if i headed back straight home from DST, it would probably be just around 30 km. So decided to go into Rimba just to get some mileage before heading back home through the stadium. 
Overall i was a good ride, except for the rain and that i had to stop by at some bushes in Rimba to take a leek. This is a normal occurrence for me when i'm out running, where i can just run into the bushes without people seeing and do my business . But with a bike, its quite troublesome to drag your bike in with you. Kalau ditinggalkan di tepi jalan, karang macam cerita Do Re Mi, kana bawa lari.....

BIKE

Time: 7 am
Type: Steady
Duration: 1 hr 30 mins
Distance: 43.8 km
Route: Manggis - DST - Rimba - Stadium

No comments: